Polenta is very yummy and makes a great side dish! I like mine from Trader Joes:)
Recipe #. 1: Polenta with Parmesan
1/2 white onion
1 minced garlic clove
1 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup chicken broth
Optional: sun dried tomatoes
1. Dice onion and mince garlic put in hot skillet with a little olive oil for about 3-5 minutes.
2. Cut polenta in cubes and add to skillet. Add the chicken broth and stir until polenta looks like purée.
3. Stir in Parmesan cheese and serve while hot
Recipe # 2: balsamic tomato polenta
2 tomatoes sliced
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
Pinch of salt
1. Cut polenta and tomatoes in slices
2. In a small bowl mix 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar and dried basil.
3. Brush polenta slices with olive oil mixture.
4. Heat skillet with olive oil and add polenta slices. Cook both sides for 2 minutes on medium heat.
5. Put tomato slices on top, cover skillet and let cook on low heat for 5 minutes. Add cheese in the end.
6. Serve on arugula or spinach bed.